Sunday, August 30, 2009

Onyxia vs Doomwalker

I tried to "farm" my easy heroics because I'm kind of fiending for a few pieces of badge gear. I rolled through Gundrak and DTK with zero wipes, finally! In fact, I finished DTK with the Eck debuff still on my crew (nothing that impressive since it's an hour buff and I kill Eck right before the last boss). Needless to say, I was feeling pretty good about the team. I did AN and wiped once on the final guy but knocked him down on the next try. Went to Nexus and plowed through the place until Keristrasza... I downed her yesterday but today it was not to be.

I tried everything I could think of... different totems, different lock pets, different gear, different cool downs saved for the enrage timer. I attempted her probably 9-10 times but in the end, I just gave in for the day. I even had her at 1500 hps. It's funny... playing with even a single other person, we would have killed her. but things fall apart in multiboxing and it's not pretty. I read a priest solo'd her by dot'ing and running around the instance (she's slow as shit).

Then I went to CoS and blew that. Then I tried doing Naxx 10 with my brother (so 6 of us) and the second mob stumped us (the gargoyle that heals fully at 30%). We were going to switch around to up our dps and we would have dropped it but he had to split. Then I went and killed Onyxia for fun (my first time). Man, I wish I'd been farming this bitch for months now... 18 slot bags alone are worth like the 10 minutes of killing it took. Then I went to kill Doomwalker because I heard he drops 500g. He also drops bombs. I got him to 10% but didn't know about the enrage timer (fucking game mechanic... the only thing it enrages is me) and he blew my crew up as well.

I'm done for a bit. Just wanted to try some fun things. Might go in to MC or BWL and see how those go. I've never seen Karazhan either. It's funny, years ago I installed a private server version of WoW on one of my hard drives. I went in and gave myself all sorts of shit and went through BWL and MC, just checking things out (BWL was the top instance at that point). Now, with this crew, I sort of feel like I'm back there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment