Thursday, September 3, 2009

Success and failure


I crushed the timed CoS and got my first Drake. It was perhaps the best moment for me since the 45-min Baron run back in the day. I actually shouted out in happiness... alone in my apartment. I only have one 300 skill rider in my boxing group so the spoils went to him. It's bitter sweet, I think I can get more, clearly, but they will essentially cost me 5k gold for each drop at this point on.

I solo joined a Naxx pug for the first time and jesus, it was brutal. We dropped like 2 bosses in the spider wing before people just left. It was a great reminder of how bad pugs can be but I still want to start raiding a bit more.

Just for fun, 2 other guildies and I went in to OS and did pretty damn well. We dropped the first two drakes and wiped on the last one that becomes immune before one guildie had to go to bed. But, my guys are not nearly even close to geared. Hit rating is a problem in these raids. I need a lot more of it across the board. Even so, it really gave me hope that with a bit of upgrading and some knowledge, 10-man content will be possible to at least explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment