Monday, August 31, 2009

The Stage of History

I did some ridiculous shit today. I don't know where I started or where I finished. I was ostensibly working through most of it and just doing it here and there... But in the end, I dropped Ony again (I guess the reset was this morning?), flattened Attumen, Raptor, and Tiger bosses (no mounts), killed the Panther boss (hoping for a quick 18 slot bag), and then... cleared Molten Core.

I didn't really mean to. I just wanted to check it out. But then it was so good, the memories of seeing 40 bodies lying dead in these old areas I haven't been back to.

Only moment of trouble was Majordomo. I didn't really realize what was going on at first and lost 4 of the team to teleporting (on to the pit or something? I'm still not sure what happened) before just settling down with my DK and death strike for healing, and a few minutes later, I was opening the chest.

Later, I took a shot at timed CoS (the daily) and got to the the last pause before the drake fight (where Arthas tells you to rest). I think there's only 2-3 more pulls from there and I was not nearly max'ed out. I wasn't flasked, fully buffed, well-fed, all that shit. I was slow in some areas. But, I didn't wipe or lose anyone for that matter, which is the first time that's happened. I basically need to remember to blow my tanking cooldowns on some of those bigger trash pulls in the first half. The bosses don't really bother me at all but sometimes, between aggro and losing focus, I can let things get out of control on those early pulls.

So, time to take fight club up a notch or shut it down forever. I took all my kids, individually, and checked there DPS on the target dummies. It broke down like this from highest to lowest obviously:
Ele Shaman - 3.5k
Frost Mage - 2.3k
Surv Hunter - 2.1k
Demo Lock - 1.8k
Mutilate Rogue - 1.8k
S Priest - 1.7k
Boomkin - .8k

The gears range but they're all getting there. So, I don't really understand what the fuck is the difference. Well, it's 2-3 things. Gear differences, rotations are less efficient here and there, specs are better and worse, glyphs are more and less easy to utilize with 1-button. But, let's put it straight out there: Shaman kick ass for boxing. Kick. Teh. Ass. My ele shaman has been leading the pack from day one and I promise you, it has nothing to do with me and my borderline retardation. I don't know if I'd prefer 3 more shaman or if I sort of like the challenge of getting my other classes more efficient and devastating. According to the dual-boxing forums, people running all sorts of class comps have massive DPS success in the end, so I know it's just me. And the tinkering IS the game for me. So, I guess you could say I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment