Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Too many strands in the old duder's head

I have 9 80s on one side, across 5 accounts, and I'm having a hard time settling on what the fuck to do with them. And I have to settle. At 80, these guys are only as good as their gear and I have to stick to a few of them and gear them out or they'll never succeed at anything. Here is a short list of my options as I see them:
  • Spread them out across 9 accounts (i.e. get 4 more) and start to raid 10-man content. This was always the goal but here are a few reasons I might not do this yet. Unless I'm actually ready to raid, it's a waste of $60 a month (assuming the purchase of the game and expansions will happen at some point in the future). And I don't think I'm ready to raid. I'm just not good enough. I can't survive basic heroics like UK. It's all my healing. Once I figure out how to tighten that up, I will be fine.
  • Leave my MT and my main healer on 2 separate accounts and move everyone else to the other 3. One of the toughest things about bringing up this new crew is having an ungeared healer and tank. If I take them out of the equation and always use geared guys in those slots, the dps can rotate in and out and get geared fairly easily. The drawback is that only the 3 dps will be getting that vertical improvement of stepping into heroics and ToC where every piece is a huge upgrade. On the plus side, with the new badge system I will be able to hopefully OP my MT/healer, even if none of the drops are relevant to them.
  • Make one team of 5 and stick with it. Move 1 or 2 toons around to make the ideal 5-man, don't worry about the other 20 guys, don't worry about 10-man stuff, just try to OP one perfect 5-man team. Who would this be? My DK tank, priest healer, ele shaman, and 2 more ranged. I have a balance druid, mage, lock, and hunter. Am I missing anyone? Don't think so but I am tired. The hunter is nice b/c so much gear drops that really only he'll be able to use. The lock can DE and the mage has all the portals/food/etc. The druid would be nice because, again, he could take so many different drops for specs and off-specs and in the end, druids are fun as hell to play. It'd be nice to have a geared druid for solo'ing.
  • Shut fight club down and move my favorite toons to my main account. Go back to pug'ing and just building up single guys at a time. I miss pug'ing. I miss the focus you can put in to one toon. I love making 1k gold for 5 toons doing about 30min of dailies though. Toss up!

I suppose what I should really do is put all the dps on the 3 accounts, start with my "ideal" team, and rotate in other guys for fun or when the old guard get too geared and aren't benefiting any more. At the end of that process, I would have a seriously geared crew to move across other accounts for raiding should I still want to.

I'm sorry, I know this is dreadfully boring shit but I need to see it all on paper to decide wtf to do. Right now I feel like I'm spread too thin in WoW. I even logged in with the C-team because I'd kill to just have 4 shaman right now. And the C-team has 2 at 65, plus another at 51 that could join them with a bit of leveling. I need to focus.

Alright, game time. What will I do... moving toons around costs money and I don't feel like doing that until I really need to. Right now, one account only has melee 80s which makes it tough to have an ideal team since neither are my MT. I need to move 1 ranged guy to that account. The others will be my MT, priest, boomkin/shaman, hunter, .... I got it. I need to move my mage to my hunter's account and my lock to my pally/rogue account. Done and done.

The final team will look like this, by account:
DK tank
Priest healer
DPS 1 - Hunter/Mage
DPS 2 - Boomkin/Shaman
DPS 3 - Rogue/Lock

I have already set my pally up to be my PVP toon so that works out fine if he never gets in the rotation. Although I could move him to my DK's account and set him up as MT... FUCK, what is wrong with me? Lesson learned, though. Keep accounts separate by their "role". Keeping an MT account is easier than having MT, DPS, and Healz on each, imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment