Monday, August 24, 2009

Blizzcon

I watched Blizzcon with my friend on DirectTV this time. I've been there in the past and I certainly would have loved to swing by one of the days, but the telecast was a pretty fantastic way to enjoy it, pause it, get some food, go see District 9, come back and watch it, etc.

After the Con, I bought the Diablo Battlechest and started playing Diablo 1 again. My friend and I are going to blast through 1, 2, and LOD real quick, just so we can even follow the fucking questions that were asked at the dev panel. Also, I realized I need to get my shit straight with WoW's lore. I'm sick of just not being in the loop with these freaky dragons and elementals and the history of the world. I actually got stuck in Warcraft 3 (might have been in frozen throne) but I need to go back and L2P. I'm sick of not being excited when Metzen mentions some obscure badass that everyone else gets jazzed about.

Speaking of which, if you had taken a shot of vodka every time a Blizzard employee said the phrase "geeked out", you would be dead.

But my favorite quote of the Con came from my friend while he was waiting at the airport to head home. There were apparently quite a few attendees in the terminal with him. "This one guy went by and the earth shook as if Stiches were near." I miss Stiches murdering noobs in Darkshore.

I took the old guard and the hunter from the B-team through ToC today. It was a pain but I got 3 epics to put on (at a bit of a cost in repairs). I should have regular ToC on farm but I don't. It's my healing. I use a priest healer and I just can't take care of my shit when things get rough. Also, on a side note, I sort of hate ToC. I'm going to take the crews through some heroics and just go back to get the badges.

No comments:

Post a Comment