Thursday, August 6, 2009

Trial of Champions, SM in 1 min, xp in bgs, holy shit, batman




The ToC 5 man dungeon:
I switched all my follow macros to the form:
/focus MAIN
/follow focus
and now following works in vehicle (and mounted) combat. Thanks to the Dual-Boxing forums for that, of course. Assist button remained the same (just /assist main) and I moved all of my keys and bindings off the main toolbar so that I didn't have any weird bindings show up when the mounted bar swapped in. I haven't been able to kill the last champion or so in the mounted portion of ToC but I'm also 4-boxing it and think with this post, I should be fine. I was already doing something similar but this really makes sense.
I brought in my brother and collected maybe 5 epics already for the team? All ilvl 200, so heroic stuff (on normal mode) but still, I love the color purple and I love new gear. The nice thing about getting epics of any level is that I don't hesitate to gem and enchant the fuck out of them. So the net benefit to the group is much greater than just the piece itself.

SM in 1 min:
Diwa over at DB posted a 1 pull 1-min SM clear that I love. I've done SM a few times to boost the teams up (my horde main has 57 Mograine kills according to the armory, 86 on my alliance main) but always in 3 pulls and in probably 7 min. I know, I know, amateur night, but still, since you can't do it more than 5 times an hour, I didn't really care. But this is just lovely and I want to save it here.


XP in BGs:
Again, scouring the DB forums, AV is giving people 130k xp per win? Holy shit. I don't know what I'm getting now, to be honest. I've been questing hard and in familiar areas (just blasted through dragonblight again) so it's probably a pretty decent rate. And I get gold, items, rep, and variety. But AV won't have drop quests, travel time, and matches can go fairly quickly. Do I get the rep for killing people? For turn ins? I need to find out more.
Update: Well, I read up a bit on the official forums and it looks like the xp is from victories and dropping mobs like Belinda (you whore). I'm going to give it a whirl but 4-boxing AV a few weekends ago sucked balls. The lag, the split-group, the fact that I was probably one of the reasons we lost... And I'm horde. We always lose. To be honest, if the 71-80 bracket is the same way, consistently losing every match, I may just use this for my alliance team on AV weekends.
Ideally, I would do the easiest quests in an area (wanted posters, arena chains, etc), do an instance here and there, and do a few AVs to keep me out of having to grind out so many drop quests. We'll see today how it goes.

Last but not least, you'd totally hit this, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment