Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Update

The B-team hit 80!! Aaaaaand I immediately stepped in to ToC. Aaaaannnd I immediately got exploded. Just a few moments in the rogue's poison cloud and my druid fell over and didn't get up. I ported to Og and dropped maybe 500g on tanking-out my MT a bit. I went back in with my brother as the healer and dropped the champions twice. But that whore Paletress wiped us until I was too bored and frustrated to try again.

So, I'm busy making sets of gear for everyone to at least get them in the ballpark of 80 instances. I leveled them entirely in AV, so they have no gear and no money. Just honor. I checked all their DPS on the dummies in Og and they were not as bad as I would have thought. The range was 1200-1600. The hunter was the weak link.

Some random thoughts:

Pallys are fucking fun as hell in pvp. I would let my entire team die and just play my pally and easily hold down towers, graveyards, whatever... Amazing pvp toons. He's def specc'd, by the way, with a few of the resilience plate 78 pieces on.

Druids have to pay maybe 5x as much as anyone else to get their talents and skills. I sent everyone off with around 300g to get their level 80 spells (it'd been a while since I'd gone back to a trainer) and the druid might have ended up needing 1k more. It was just amazing.

Hunters having to pay for ammo (these saronite arrows are going for 15-20g a thousand on the Kilrogg Horde AH) seems a little like bullshit to me. I know, it's probably old hat for hunters, but why does one class have to pay a few gold a battle just to be in the same range (I think on the low side, actually) as all the other DPS classes? Slightly bizarre to me.

What the fuck is up with epic level gear repair bills? It goes from like 20g for 80 blues to 60+ for a handful of epics in there. Really? Raiders are the ones who need to be forced to do dailies and farm mats to pay for their repairs when they already have all the pots, enchants, foods, scrolls, what have you, that drain their weekly funds? I get the whole 'take gold out of the system' aspect to WoW, but this seems like misplaced overkill to me.

Are pallys hard as hell to heal as tanks? A pally that out-geared my main DK was impossible to keep up with chain healing in heroic ToC. He wasn't def capped but he was at 533 with 27k health. I just don't get why he was so much harder to heal than my guy though he had generally better gear.

If you're a hunter and you're leveling in AV, your pet won't level with you. At all, as far as I can tell.

I have an 80 of every class. I'm not an expert on any of them but from a casual standpoint, there is absolutely no balance to them. Between what they cost, how hard they are to get similar results, their utility, how hard it is to gear them... There is no equality.

No comments:

Post a Comment