Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My new To-Do


Well, my crews are basically geared to the 5k gearscore toon. All that means is that there isn't a bit of triumph badge gear I want, nor anything from ICC 5 mans. So what am I doing now? Well, the scepter of the shifting sands quest chain, of course. I was playing from day 1 and remember gates of AQ being opened. What I really remember is selling basic leathers and clothes for a mint during that time. Anyway, I haven't seen most of the old world raids so this seemed like a fun way to do that.

I cleared BWL (after buying 6 Ony scale cloaks...) with my brother in tow for Razorgore. I tried a handful of times to have 4 of my guys heal in the center of the room while I broke eggs with the fifth but they just got overrun eventually and it was a joke with one extra person on smash-duty. The rest of the instance was very cool. The suppression room is fucking brutal without a rogue though, and what the hell is up with that gate that looks like it should skip it after you defeat Lashlayer? I couldn't find any way to open that.

Now, I'm grinding up my Brood of Nozdormu rep by killing the first 2-3 pulls in AQ40. I did the repeatable quest once but I think this is a lot faster with 5 guys (and they all get the rep). I'm half-way through hated (15k+) and need about 15 or so more clears I think to advance (and then a few more to get through the more-trivial stages before neutral).

Also, I have completed all but one of the Glory of the Hero achievements. I'm missing Dehydration, which is driving me insane because I just can't seem to get lucky and get Ichoron when I try it each day. But, I should have five red proto-drakes soon enough. If anyone has any questions on how to multibox these, fire away while it's still fresh in my head. I needed help for only one, if I recall, which was Watch Him Die (had my brother tank the adds in the other room, just to make it trivial). Split Personality was the only one I seriously struggled with. I tried this one maybe 25-30 times before getting it, although it's very easy to reset, so you only have to worry about occasionally clearing re-popped trash again.

I've been looking at the BC raids to see what I could clear there and let me tell you... those places ain't no joke. I wiped in BT and SSC on bosses. I think if I put my mind to it, I could do much better of course, but since the loot is pointless, it makes it tough to invest a lot just for exploration purposes. I think I'll just join a full old-world raid to see these eventually.

That being said, I fished up the Lurker Below which started me thinking that maybe I'd try for the Salty title on my first toon ever (the only one with fishing and cooking leveled). So I spent a little while fishing, which is surprisingly enjoyable for me. I don't know why.

And that's the update. I really needed this post just to sort out what I was doing... I hate aimlessly playing.
  • The scepter quest chain and finishing Glory of the Hero with the A-team
  • Salty title with Padfoot
  • Finish leveling up my 67 team

No comments:

Post a Comment