Friday, July 10, 2009

Macro changes and tomfoolery


I've been working off and on today on my setup. I realized that I initially designed my work-flow to be as simple as possible. During a fight, everyone does the rotation they should generally be doing when I press F, for example. But there are some amazing situational spells that I never use at all. As my team levels higher and higher, dinging 70 yesterday, these spells become more potent and the cost of ignoring them more limiting.

So I've gone and redesigned things. I'm using keyclone and I've never been sure about passing alt modifiers through it, or ctrl ones, for that matter. I generally use separate keys for everything. I think I've figured out at least a bit of why the modifiers have given me problems so far though. If I use shift-w as sheep on my mage and shift-w is unbound on all my other toons, I didn't realize that they will all use W and step forward... So I'm still pretty spread out but I now have access to sheep, fear, judgement, stuns, counterspell, lay on hands and a few other utility spells. Once I memorize them, it should give me a lot more flexibility to handle big pulls and survive cluster fucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment