Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sethekk Halls Run - B team

I ran Durnholde Hold and Sethekk Halls with the 66 crew. Here's the webstats report for the Sethekk Run. I actually couldn't drop the last guy. It's easy to reset that fight by just running down the hallway a bit, and having a druid tank means that it was trivial to try the fight multiple times but I just couldn't drop him. Here were my biggest problems:
  • My pally fucking sucks at group healing. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I have him glyphed for Holy Light but that doesn't cut it nearly enough when some boss arcane explodes for 5k. I'm not sure what to do but I'll have to look into it. Priests are amazing healers for boxing and, so far, my favorite. Shammys are clearly competent as hundreds of boxers run with resto shammys without a problem. Druids have the HOTs which make them great for healing on the go, when your group has to keep moving. My pally's mana efficiency is amazing and, as a single target healer, he gets the job done. But group healing has been the death of me many times now.
  • I couldn't get out of the way of the explosion fast enough. The closest I got, I had the entire group with me but I spent so much time trying to heal everyone through the Arcane volley thing he casts that I didn't keep the tank topped off enough. If I left the group somewhere, the time it took me to get to them, get them on follow, and get around a pillar was just too much and I'd lose at least 2 of them. I tried to use aspect of the pack right after the boss blinked to me but that didn't work either. I tried again and again. Now, he is a lvl 69 boss and I was 66-67 at the time, but it was mostly my inability to move precisely.
Finally, I brought in an 80 to kill him real quick. I normally don't do that, but the boss was worth 2 quests for the team and I couldn't just drop that.

On a side note, I'm going to start pvping again soon, arena and bgs, and I found this arena flowchart over on elitist jerks pretty funny.

I'm heavily debating going straight to Northrend at 68 or trying all the BC instances at least once and probably heading out there at 70-71 instead. Having just taken a 4-man team up through Northrend, I know the leveling-spree you go on prior to it comes to a sudden and painful halt. And, honestly, the BC instances are a lot fresher to me at this point than the beginning areas of WotLK.

No comments:

Post a Comment