Friday, July 3, 2009

The teams as they stand now

Here's the armory links for my current teams:

The OGs:
Märiachi - Holy Priest
Prongs - Ele Shaman
Harmonica - Tanking DK
Se - Combat Rogue

The promising newcomers:
Mòrt - Holy Pally
Autopîlot - Demo Lock
Orangejulius - Frost Mage
Chänce - BM Hunter
Thebôss - Tanking Druid

The bad news bears:
Bobaduurr - Tanking Dk
Mcnästy - Arcane Mage
Vuh - Survival Hunter
Cälvin - Resto Shaman
Hòbbs - Ele Shaman

The OGs usually either 4-man instances or run with my only 2 friends who still play, zatanta or coralîne.

The promising new crew is doing solidly. So far, only Nexus-Prince Shaffar in Mana-Tombs wiped them out.. but to be fair, I ran out of patience and soulstones and sort of called it a night. They were 64 when they tackled him and I think if I'd tried a few more times, he would have fallen eventually. Also, this is the only crew that's dropped Nazan on their first attempt at 60. All my other crews have fallen to the flame breath.

Actually, this reminds me of a side-note I meant to mention: if you RAF at warp speed like I did, you end up with a bunch of guys that look like this. That's one of my alliance druids that I RAF'd up. After a while, I didn't even loot bosses... I just dinged and moved on. So, everyone walks out into the outlands in their birthday suits. And it is fucking difficult to drop Nazan buck nekkid. But this crew did it. Respect.

The bad news bears, on the other hand, are like the WNBA of my WoW adventures. They just suck and I constantly wonder why I don't just go back to enjoying the best. They fail where all other's (including my alliance team, which I'll post once I get them into my new alliance-side guild) have succeeded. I want them to pull through but they gotta show me something. First, healing with the shaman isn't going great. Since they moved the threat generated by the rock shield to the healer (which was a bit of a shock for me... last time I healed as a shaman, this was just free, threatless healing at its best), I'm hesitant to use it pre-fight like I used to. I guess I should rotate it into my mid-battle healing. Also, his heals are just slow and small... I tried switching to a spam of lesser heals and riptide but it didn't look like it was going to end well.

Other than that, I don't know why they suck. They're in their best-in-slot starter gear but that's no excuse.. my other teams have been fine.

Anyway, there's the horde roster. The ultimate goal is two-fold: to get a 5 man team that includes the OGs, minus the rogue and plus 2 ranged DPS. And to have 10 total 80s for a potential, possible, maybe 10-man raid team. I won't RAF again, I'll just move the toons around. I know, it's pricey. But time is money, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment